Exchangeable qubit states
- 36 Downloads
We present a characterisation of the two-site marginals of exchangeable and Bose-exchangeable states and provide an elementary proof for the qubit case. A link between the ground state problem for ferromagnetic mean-field models and the additivity of the maximal two-norm for quantum channels is established. We then analyse the corrections on N-particle symmetric states with respect to the exchangeable ones. The finite-size effects on the average ground state energy of the BCS model are explicitly computed.
KeywordsDensity Matrix European Physical Journal Special Topic Ground State Energy Quantum Channel Qubit State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Castellani, A. Cavagna, J. Stat. Mech.: Theor. Exper. (2005) P05012 Google Scholar
- M. Christandl, R. Koenig, G. Mitchison, R. Renner [quant-ph/0602130] Google Scholar
- R.L. Huson, G.R. Moody, Z. Wahrschein, Verw. Geb. 33, 343 (1976) Google Scholar
- V. Giovannetti, S. Lloyd, M.B. Ruskai, J. Math. Phys. 46, 042105 (2005) Google Scholar
- B. de Finetti, Ann. Inst. H. Poincarré 7, 1 (1937) Google Scholar
- M. Fannes, C. Vandenplas, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 39, 13843 (2006) Google Scholar
- C. King, Quant. Info. Comp. 3, 186 (2003) Google Scholar
- C. King, M. Nathanson, M.B. Ruskai, Linear Algebra Appl. 404, 367 (2005) Google Scholar
- F. London, Superfluids, Vol. 1 (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1950) Google Scholar
- E. Størmer, J. Funct. Anal. 3, 48 (1969) Google Scholar