Recent topics in microstructure control by magnetic field in Ni2MnGa and CoPt and new transformation behavior in Ti-Ni-Fe alloys
- 62 Downloads
Three topics related to solid-solid phase transformations are presented. The first topic is related to ferromagnetic shape memory alloys. The general condition for rearrangement of martensite variants by magnetic field is discussed quantitatively. The second topic is related to microstructure control of CoPt (tetragonal L10-type structure) during ordering heat-treatment under a magnetic field. We show that a single variant state is realized by magnetic field, and magnetic field is especially effective at the early stage of ordering. The third topic is related to the so-called precursor phenomena in Ti-Ni-Fe shape memory alloys. In the topic we will show the existence of a commensurate phase, which inherits the microstructure of the incommensurate phase and is probably different from the R-phase.
KeywordsMartensite Shape Memory Alloy European Physical Journal Special Topic Magnetization Curve Easy Axis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Ullakko, J.K. Huang, C. Kantner, R.C. O'Handley, V.V. Kokorin, Appl. Phys. Lett. 69, 1966 (1996) Google Scholar
- R.D. James, M. Wuttig, Phil. Mag. A 77, 1273 (1998) Google Scholar
- J. Koeda, Y. Nakamura, T. Fukuda, T. Kakeshita, T. Takeuchi, K. Kishio, Trans. Mater. Res. Soc. Jpn. 26, 215 (2001) Google Scholar
- T. Kakeshita, T. Takeuchi, T. Fukuda, M. Tsujiguchi, T. Saburi, R. Oshima, S. Muto, Appl. Phys. Lett. 77, 1502 (2000) Google Scholar
- T. Sakamoto, T. Fukuda, T. Kakeshita, T. Takeuchi, K. Kishio, Sci. Technol. Adv. Mater. 5, 35 (2004) Google Scholar
- H. Shima, K. Oikawa, A. Fujita, K. Fukamichi, K. Ishida, S. Nakamura, T. Nojima, J. Mag. Mag. Mater. 290-291, 566 (2005) Google Scholar
- K. Tanaka, T. Ichitsubo, M. Koiwa, Mater. Sci. Eng. A 312, 118 (2001) Google Scholar
- Y. Murakami, D. Shindo. Mater. Trans. JIM 40, 1092 (1999) Google Scholar