Effect of oxidation on transformation and deformation behavior in Ni-Ti alloy
- 79 Downloads
Effect of oxidation on transformation and deformation behavior was investigated in Ni-Ti alloy by comparing the as-oxidized specimen and the polished one. Ti's preferable reaction with oxygen results in the compounds such as Ni3Ti and Ni4Ti3, and the Ni-rich region between matrix and oxide. Martensitic transformation did not take place in the Ni-rich region due to the high Ni content while R phase transformation temperature decreased significantly. Oxidation deteriorated the superelasticity due to the formation of the compound as well as the Ni-rich region in which slip deformation occurs instead of induction of martensite.
KeywordsMartensite Martensitic Transformation Shape Memory Alloy European Physical Journal Special Topic Aged Specimen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Shabaloskaya, J. Ryhanen, L. Yahia, Mater. Sci. Forum 394-395, 131 (2002) Google Scholar
- S. Shabaloskaya, K. Hauch, J. Wataha, J. Anderegg, J. Cunnick, Proc. Int. Conf. SMST-2004, edited by M. Mertmann (Baden-Baden, Germany, 2004), p. 367 Google Scholar
- W. Tang, Met. Trans. A 28, 537 (1998) Google Scholar
- M. Nishida, T. Honma, Scr. Met. 30, 1293 (1984) Google Scholar
- T. Satow, T. Isano, T. Honma, J. Jpn. Instrum. Met. 38, 242 (1974) (in Japanese) Google Scholar
- C.L. Chu, S.K. Wu, Y.C. Yen, Mat. Sci. Eng. A 216, 193 (1996) Google Scholar
- Q. Tian, J. Wu, Mat. Sci. Forum 394-395, 455 (2002) Google Scholar
- T.H. Nam, D.W. Chung, H.W. Lee, J.H. Kim, J. Mat. Sci. 38, 1333 (2003) Google Scholar
- S. Miyazaki, Y. Igo, K. Otsuka, Acta Metall. 34, 2045 (1986) Google Scholar
- M. Piao, K. Otsuka, S. Miyazaki, H. Horikawa, Proc. of the 3rd IUMRS Int. Conf. Adv. Mats. (Tokyo, Japan, 1993), pp. 1085–1088 Google Scholar
- H.C. Lin, S.K. Wu, Y.C. Yen, Proc. of 2nd Pacific Rim Inter. Conf. Adv. Mat. Proc., edited by K.S. Shin et al. (The Korea Institute of Metals and Materials, 1995), p. 1667 Google Scholar