FT-IR/PAS studies of chelates adsorption on anion exchangers
- 78 Downloads
In the presented paper the studies onto the applicability of monodisperse and heterodisperse macroporous anion exchangers, which are more and more widely applied in water purification processes, in the sorption of Cu(II) complexes in the presence of EDTA were carried out. In the investigations there are used the following anion exchangers: Lewatit MonoPlus MP 500, Lewatit MonoPlus MP 64 and Lewatit MP 62. In order to describe the sorption process, the FT-IR/PAS spectra of these anion exchangers before and after sorption of [Cu(EDTA)]2 - complexes were recorded. From the values of %R the above mentioned anion exchangers as far as their application in removal of Cu(II) complexes with EDTA is concerened can be presented in the following order: Lewatit MonoPlus MP 500 in the chloride and acetate forms = Lewatit MonoPlus MP 64 in the Cl - /OH - form = Lewatit MonoPlus MP 62 in the OH - form.
KeywordsAnion Exchanger European Physical Journal Special Topic Recovery Factor Phase Contact Time Aminopolycarboxylic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- O. Gyliene, O. Nivinskiene, I. Razmute, J. Hazard. Mater. 137, 1430 (2006) Google Scholar
- R.-S. Juang, F.-C. Wu, R.-L. Tseng, Water Res. 33, 2403 (1999) Google Scholar
- R.-S. Juang, L.-D. Shiau, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 37, 555 (1998) Google Scholar
- R.E. Sievers, J.C. Bailar Jr., Inorg. Chem. 1, 174 (1961) Google Scholar
- G. Socrates, Infrared and Raman Characteristic Group Frequencies: Tables and Charts (John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., Chichester, 2001) Google Scholar