A study of surface properties of calcium phosphate by means of photoacoustic spectroscopy (FT-IR/PAS), potentiometric titration and electrophoretic measurements
- 123 Downloads
The surface charge at the calcium phosphate/electrolyte interface is created as a result of the various reactions of surface groups and unequal adsorption of ions of an opposite charge from the solution. Photoacoustic spectroscopy (FT-IR/PAS) has been used for identification of different groups of hydroxy- apatite samples. A complementary study of electrical double layer properties was carried out using potentiometric titration and electrophoretic measurements.
KeywordsHydroxyapatite European Physical Journal Special Topic Electrical Double Layer Potentiometric Titration Surface Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. Rehman, W. Bonfield, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Med. 8, 1 (1997) Google Scholar
- J. Liu, X. Ye, H. Wang, M. Zhu, B. Wang, H. Yan, Ceram. Int. 29, 629 (2003) Google Scholar
- R.E. Riman, W.L. Suchanek, K. Byrappa, C. W. Chen, P. Shuk, C.S. Oakes, Solid State Ionics 151, 393 (2002) Google Scholar
- L.M. Rodríguez-Lorenzo, M. Vallet-Regí, J.M.F. Ferreira, Biomaterials 22, 1847 (2001) Google Scholar
- A. Rapacz-Kmita, C. Paluszkiewicz, A. Slosarczyk, Z. Paszkiewicz, J. Mol. Struct. 744-747, 653 (2005) Google Scholar