FT-IR/PAS studies of ethylene-bridged polysilses-quioxanes functionalized with different groups
- 71 Downloads
Bridged polysilsesquioxane xerogels containing amine, thiol, acethoxy and urea groups were synthesized by co-condensation of ethylene-bridged monomer, and appropriate alkoxysilanes in the presence of a fluoride-ion catalyst in an ethanol solution. FT-IR/PA spectroscopy was used to determine the chemical composition of the final materials. FT-IR/PAS data testify that all xerogels contain residual silanol groups and some fraction of non-hydrolyzed ethoxygroups. The same data show that amino groups form hydrogen bonds.
KeywordsEuropean Physical Journal Special Topic Acetoxy Triethoxysilyl Urea Group Scan Electron Micrographs Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K.J. Shea, D.A. Loy, Chem. Mater. 13, 3306 (2001) Google Scholar
- G. Cerveau, R.J.P. Corriu, E. Framery, Chem. Mater. 13, 3373 (2001) Google Scholar
- K.J. Shea, J. Moreau, D.A. Loy, R.J.P. Corriu, B. Boury, in Functional Hybrid Materials, edited by P. Gomez-Romero, C. Sanchez (Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2004), pp. 50–85 Google Scholar
- L.P. Finn, I.B. Slinyakova, Koloid. Zh. 37, 723 (1975) (in Russian) Google Scholar
- D.A. Loy, J.P. Carpenter, T.M. Alam, R. Shaltout, P.K. Dorhout, J. Greaves, J.H. Small, K.J. Shea, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 121, 5413 (1999) Google Scholar
- N.V. Shvaykovska, I.V. Melnyk, G.R. Yurchenko, O.K. Matkovskii, Yu.L. Zub, Chem. Phys. Technol. Surf. 10, 80 (2004) Google Scholar