Numerical simulation and experimental results of ultrasonic waves scattering on a model of the artery
- 34 Downloads
The aim of this paper is to compare the results of the mathematical modeling and experimental results of the ultrasonic waves scattering in the inhomogeneous dissipative medium. The research was carried out for an artery model (a pipe made of a latex), with internal diameter of 5 mm and wall thickness of 1.25 mm. The numerical solver was created for calculation of the fields of ultrasonic beams and scattered fields under different boundary conditions, different angles and transversal displacement of ultrasonic beams with respect to the position of the arterial wall. The investigations employed the VED ultrasonic apparatus. The good agreement between the numerical calculation and experimental results was obtained.
KeywordsMach Number Arterial Wall European Physical Journal Special Topic Ultrasonic Wave Hydrophone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Powalowski, Z. Trawinski, L. Hilgertner, Arch. Acoust. 28, 325 (2003) Google Scholar
- T. Kawasaki, S. Sasayama, S. Yagi, T. Asakawa, T. Hirai, Cardiovasc. Res. 21, 678 (1987) Google Scholar
- T. Szymonski, M. Lapinski, T. Powalowski, Z. Trawinski, Acta Angiolog. 3, 83 (1997) Google Scholar
- J. Wojcik, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 104, 2654 (1998) Google Scholar
- J. Wojcik, Arch. Acoust. 29, 607 (2004) Google Scholar
- J. Wojcik, A. Nowicki, P.A. Lewin, P.E. Bloomfield, T. Kujawska, L. Filipczynski, Ultrasonics 44, 310 (2006) Google Scholar