High resolution optical refractometer for dispersion measurement in UV-NIR range
- 54 Downloads
A high resolution optical refractometer for dispersion measurement in the UV-NIR range is described. Using this refractometer, refractive index of a range of liquid samples, such as aqueous solutions of sugars, salts and alcohols, was measured as a function of wavelength in the range from 300 nm to 920 nm with accuracy better than 10 - 5. So accurate results can be used for improvement of resolution of OCT measurements conducted in biological samples.
KeywordsRefractive Index Optical Coherence Tomography European Physical Journal Special Topic Phase Distortion Dispersion Compensation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Wang, Y. Zhao, J.S. Nelson, Z. Chen, R.S. Windeler, Opt. Lett. 28, 182 (2003) Google Scholar
- M. Born, E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, 7th edn. (Cambridge University Press, 2003) Google Scholar
- R.L. Fork, C.H. Brito Cruz, P.C. Becker, C.V. Shank, Opt. Lett. 12, 473 (1987) Google Scholar
- P. Schiebener, J. Straub, J.M.H. Levelt Sengers, J.S. Gallagher, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 19, 677 (1990) Google Scholar
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 84th edn., edited by D.R. Lide (CRC Press, 2003–2004) Google Scholar
- J. Pluciński, J. Räty, E. Keränen, Proc. SPIE 3730, 118 (1998) Google Scholar
- M. Gnyba, M. Kozanecki, P. Wierzba, Mol. Quant. Acoust. 26, 81 (2005) Google Scholar
- J. Hast, E. Alarousu, M. Kinnunen, M. Kirillin, R. Myllylä, J. Pluciński, A. Popov, A.V. Priezzhev, T. Prykäri, J. Saarela, Z. Zhao, Proc. SPIE 5474, 33 (2004) Google Scholar