Some problems of ultrasonic and laser cutting of biological structures
- 96 Downloads
The paper presents the influence of the laser and ultrasonic cutter on biological structures and some problems bound up with the applications of lasers and ultrasounds in surgery. The advantages and disadvantages of contact and noncontact applications of the Nd:YAG laser were presented as well as the usefulness of the ultrasonic cutter for selective cutting of various tissues. The benefits resulting from a combination of the two technologies were discussed, and initial tests of the laser-ultrasonic cutter operation were performed, pointing to the possibility of improving the cutting of biological structures.
KeywordsCavitation European Physical Journal Special Topic Biological Structure High Water Absorption Selective Cutting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Müller, P. Berlien, C. Scholz, Med. Laser Appl. 21, 99 (2006) Google Scholar
- A.J. Welch, J.H. Torres, W.-F. Cheong, Texas Heart Inst. J. 16, 141 (1989) Google Scholar
- P. Fiedor, T. Kecik, Zarys klinicznych zastosowán laserów (Dom wydawniczy, Ankar, Warszawa, 1995) Google Scholar
- S.J. Hernandez-Divers, Seminars Avian Exotic Pet Med. 11, 208 (2002) Google Scholar
- W.W. Cimino, L.J. Bond, Ultrasound Med. Biol. 22, 89 (1996) Google Scholar
- J. Tschepe, T. Ahrens, J. Helfmann, G. Müller, V. Gapontsev, SPIE 1893, 74 (1993) Google Scholar
- T. Gudra, K. Opielinski, Mol. Quant. Acoust. 22, 85 (2001) Google Scholar
- D.N. Mbamou, J. Helfmann, G. Müller, G. Brunk. T. Stein, K. Designer, Meas. Sci. Technol. 12, 1631 (2001) Google Scholar