The temperature dependences of electromechanical properties of PLZT ceramics
- 49 Downloads
The mechanical and electrical properties in lanthanum modified lead zirconate-titanate ceramics of 5/50/50 and 10/50/50 were studied by mechanical loss Q - 1, Young's modulus E, electric permittivity ε and tangent of dielectric loss of angle tgδ measurements. The internal friction Q - 1 and Young modulus E measured from 290 K to 600 K shows that Curie temperature TC is located at 574 K and 435 K (1st cycle of heating) respectively for ceramic samples 5/50/50 and 10/50/50. The movement of TC in second cycle of heating to lower temperature (561 K for 5/50/50 and 420 K for 10/50/50) has been observed. Together with Q - 1 and E measurements, temperature dependences of ε=f(T) and tgδ=f(T) were determinated in temperature range from 300 K to 730 K. The values of TC obtained during ε and tgδ measurements were respectively: 560 K for 5/50/50 and 419 K for 10/50/50. These temperatures are almost as high as the temperatures obtained by internal friction Q - 1 measurements in second cycle of heating. In ceramic sample 10/50/50 the additional maximum on internal friction Q - 1 curve at the temperature 316 K was observed.
KeywordsInternal Friction European Physical Journal Special Topic Ceramic Sample Electric Permittivity PLZT Ceramic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T.J. Evans, R. Womack, IEEE J. Solid State Circ. 23, 1171 (1988) Google Scholar
- G.H. Haertling, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 82, 797 (1999) Google Scholar
- E.M. Bourim, H. Tanaka, M. Gabbay, G. Fantozzi, B.L. Cheng, J. Appl. Phys. 91, 6662 (2002) Google Scholar
- C.L. Hulang, B.H. Chen, L. Wu, Solid State Commun. 130, 19 (2004) Google Scholar
- J.F. Delorme, P.F. Gobin, Metaux, Corr. Ind. 573, 185 (1973) Google Scholar
- S. Pilgrim, M. Audrey, E. Sutherland, E.R. Winzer, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 73, 3122 (1990) Google Scholar
- B. Brus, R. Zachariasz, J. Ilczuk, Mol. Quant. Acoust. 26, 55 (2005) Google Scholar
- B. Brus, A. Zarycka, M. Czerwiec, J. Ilczuk, Mol. Quant. Acoust. 27, 63 (2006) Google Scholar
- Z.Y. Cheng, R.S. Katiyar, X. Yao, A. Guo, Phys. Rev. B 55, 8165 (1997) Google Scholar
- J. Skrzypek, M. Kosec, Z. Surowiak, Mol. Quant. Acoust. 26, 227 (2005) Google Scholar
- M. Plonska, Z. Surowiak, Mol. Quant. Acoust. 27, 207 (2005) Google Scholar