Light diffraction in an inhomogeneous acoustic field excited by wedge-shaped and parabolic transducers
- 51 Downloads
Light diffraction in acoustic fields created by wedge-shaped and parabolic piezoelectric transducers is theoretically investigated. It is shown that the acoustic fields have a complicated amplitude-phase structure changing with the acoustic frequency. Principal characteristics of acousto-optic interaction are examined. It is demonstrated that the diffraction efficiency in the Bragg regime can approach 100% in spite of a noticeable phase mismatch.
KeywordsEuropean Physical Journal Special Topic Bragg Angle Piezoelectric Plate Acoustic Frequency Acoustic Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V.I. Balakshy, V.N. Parygin, L.E. Chirkov, Physical Principles of Acousto-optics (Radio & Svyaz, Moscow, 1985) Google Scholar
- J. Xu, R. Stroud, Acousto-optic Devices (Wiley, New York, 1992) Google Scholar
- V.I. Balakshy, V.N. Parygin, B.P. Philippov, Sov. Acoust. J. 22, 596 (1976) Google Scholar
- V.I. Balakshy, in Proceedings of the 5th World Congress on Ultrasonics WCU-2003 (Paris, 2003), p. 573 Google Scholar
- V.I. Balakshy, B.B. Linde, A.N. Vostrikova, Mol. Quant. Acoust. 27, 7 (2006) Google Scholar
- B.B. Linde, Mol. Quant. Acoust. 27, 169 (2006) Google Scholar