Analysis of biodiesel and frying vegetable oils by means of FTIR photoacoustic spectroscopy
- 404 Downloads
Fourier Transform Infrared Photoacoustic Spectroscopy was used to determine the mid-infrared vibrational modes of biodiesel and vegetable oils. Our results indicate that this method can contribute significantly to the biodiesel wash process during the sample preparation. Besides, by analyzing the spectra of vegetable oils used to fry snacks we could to monitor the degradation in function of the fried time.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E.A. Sanibal, J. Mancini-Filho, Food Ingred. South Am. 18, 64 (2002) Google Scholar
- V. K. Tyagi, A.K. Vasishtha, J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 73, 499 (1996) Google Scholar
- S. Kubow, Trends Food Sci. Technol. 1, 67 (1990) Google Scholar
- S.H. Gordon, R.B. Schudy, B.C. Wheeler, D.T. Wicklow, R.V. Greene, Int. J. Food Microbiol. 35, 179 (1997) Google Scholar
- D.H. McQueen, R.H. Wilson, A. Kinnunen, E.P. Jensen, Talanta 42, 2007 (1995) Google Scholar
- P.S. Belton, A.M. Safar, R.H. Wilson, Food Chem. 28, 53 (1988) Google Scholar
- J. Sedman, F.R. van de Voort, A.A. Ismail, J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 74, 907 (1997) Google Scholar