Haar basis and nonlinear modeling of complex systems
- 44 Downloads
In this work we introduce a technique to perform nonlinear modeling of chaotic time series using the kernel method. The basic idea behind this method is to map the data into a high dimensional space via nonlinear mapping and do a linear regression in this space. Here we use a Haar wavelet-like kernel to achieve the task. This strategy, in contrast to Support Vector Machines technique, shows the conceptual simplicity of least mean square algoritm for linear regression but allows local nonlinear aproximation of the system evolution, with low computational cost.
KeywordsSupport Vector Machine Nonlinear Modeling European Physical Journal Special Topic Venezuela High Dimensional Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Mukherjee, E. Osuna, F. Girosi, in Proceedings of IEEE NNSP 97 Amelia Island (1997) Google Scholar
- P. García, J. Jiménez, A. Marcano, F. Moleiro, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76, 1499 (1996) Google Scholar
- F. Takens, in Dynamical Systems and Turbulence, Lect. Notes Math. 898 (Springer, Berlin, 366, 1980) Google Scholar
- L. Glass, M. Mackey, in Fron clocks to chaos (Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1988) Google Scholar
- N. Cristianini J. Shawe-Taylor, in An Introduction to Support Vector Machines and other kerenl-based learning methods (Cambridge University Press, 2001) Google Scholar