Analysis of activation energy and melting heat transfer in MHD flow with chemical reaction
- 15 Downloads
This paper concentrates on aspects of melting heat transfer along with binary chemical reaction and activation energy in stagnation flow over a sheet of variable thickness saturated in a porous medium. Radiative and magnetohydrodynamic effects are taken into account. A more innovative surface condition (i.e. melting heat transfer condition) is utilized to explore the characteristics of heat transfer. By making use of adequate transformations, a nonlinear system of ordinary differential equations is achieved. The homotopic approach is used to obtain the series solution of the considered dimensionless problem. Graphical analysis of various variables is given for velocity, thermal and concentration distributions. A decreasing behavior of the concentration field is seen for the destructive chemical reaction parameter. The concentration field gets intensified for larger values of the activation energy parameter and the velocity field decreases for larger porosity parameter.
- 2.F.G. Awad, S. Motsa, M. Khumalo, PLoS ONE 9, e017622 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.K.A. Maleque, J. Thermodyn. 2013, 692516 (2013)Google Scholar
- 26.S.J. Liao, Homotopy Analysis Method in Non-linear Differential Equations (Springer and Higher Education Press, Heidelberg, 2012)Google Scholar
- 31.E.M. Sparrow, R.D. Cess, Radiation Heat Transfer (Hemisphere Publi Corp., Washington, DC, 1978)Google Scholar
- 32.K. Hiemenz, Dingler Polytechn. J. 326, 321 (1911)Google Scholar