Tests for comparing weighted histograms. Review and improvements
Histograms with weighted entries are used to estimate probability density functions. Computer simulation is the main application of this type of histograms. A review on chi-square tests for comparing weighted histograms is presented in this paper. Improvements to these tests that have a size closer to its nominal value are proposed. Numerical examples are presented for evaluation and demonstration of various applications of the tests.
- 1.H. Cramer, Mathematical Methods of Statistics (Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1999)Google Scholar
- 3.R.A. Fisher, J. R. Stat. Soc. 87, 442 (1924)Google Scholar
- 11.R.P. Brent, Algorithms for Minimization without Derivatives, Chapt. 4 (Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1973)Google Scholar
- 13.M.G. Kendall, A.S. Stuart, The Advanced Theory of Statistics, Vol. 2, chapt. 30, sec. 30.9 (Griffin Publishing Company, London, 1973)Google Scholar
- 15.D.S. Moore, G.P. McCabe, Introduction to the Practice of Statistics (W. H. Freeman Publishing Company, New York, 2005)Google Scholar
- 16.I.M. Sobol, Numerical Monte Carlo Methods, chapt. 5 (Nauka, Moscow, 1973)Google Scholar