Diting: A polarized time-of-flight neutron reflectometer at CMRR reactor in China
- 52 Downloads
A new time-of-flight neutron reflectometer with a polarization option is developed and tested at the Institute of Nuclear Physics and Chemistry, China Academy of Engineering Physics, Mianyang, China. Its scattering geometry is horizontal. The constructed neutron reflectometer is a multipurpose instrument that can be used for the characterization of a stratified microstructure and hidden interfaces of solid thin films. Diting is designed for both magnetic and nonmagnetic multi-layer thin films. Spin polarization and analysis are achieved by transmission magnetized supermirrors. The sample unit is equipped with an electromagnet, which can provide a vertical magnetic field range of 0-1.2 tesla. The available neutron beam is a white beam with wavelength range of 0.15-1.25 nm, which can be cut into different wavelength resolution neutron pulses by a four-disk chopper. A two-dimensional position-sensitive detector is employed to count the specular and off-specular reflected neutron beam. A minimum reflectivity of 10-6 is measured on this instrument.
- 13.Xinxi Li, Yan Wang, Chaoqiang Huang et al., Opt. Precis. Eng. 17, 2983 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 14.Xinxi Li, Yan Wang, Chaoqiang Huang et al., Nucl. Tech. 31, 392 (2008) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 15.Xinxi Li, Yan Wang, Chaoqiang Huang et al., Opt. Precis. Eng. 17, 2112 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 16.Xinxi Li, Chaoqiang Huang, Yan Wang et al., Nucl. Tech. 32, 510 (2009) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 17.Xinxi Li, Yan Wang, Chaoqiang Huang et al., Nucl. Tech. 33, 192 (2010) (in Chinese)Google Scholar