The effect of deposition parameters on the magnetic behavior of CoFe/Cu multilayer nanowires
- 115 Downloads
In this work, CoFe/Cu multilayer nanowires were deposited into an anodic aluminum oxide template using the single-bath method. The effect of deposition parameters as off-time between pulses and reduction/oxidation voltage of both the magnetic CoFe and non-magnetic Cu layers on the magnetic behavior of the multilayer nanowires was investigated. The layers thickness was controlled through the pulse numbers: 30, 50, 100, 200, 400 and 600 pulses were used to deposit the CoFe layers, while 200 and 400 pulses for the Cu layers. Due to the shape variation of the CoFe layer from rod- to disc-like cylindrical (rotation of the magnetic easy axis toward the plane of the disc), decreasing the CoFe pulse numbers led to approaching the in-plane coercivity toward the out of plane. The structural studies revealed that the pulsed alternating electrodeposition method in the single-bath system enabled to deposit CoFe/Cu multilayer nanowires with highly pure segments.
KeywordsCoFe Pulse Number Anodic Aluminum Oxide Template Magnetic Easy Axis Phosphoric Acid Solution
- 3.J. Sarkar, G. Copalkhana, A. Basumallich, J. Matter. Sci. 30, 271 (2007).Google Scholar
- 11.F. Nasirpouri, Template electrodeposition of magnetic nanowire array, Department of Materials Engineering, Sahand University of Technology (2007).Google Scholar
- 15.D.M. Davis, Electrodeposition of magnetic nanowires and nanotubes, Msc thesis, The Department of Chemical Engineering, Louisiana State University (2002).Google Scholar
- 20.M. Al-Jassim, Transmission Electron Microscopy, www.nrel.gov/pv/measurements/transmission_microscopy.html.
- 21.B.D. Cullity, C.D. Graham, Introduction to Magnetic Materials (John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 2009).Google Scholar
- 22.L. Sun, Y. Hao, C.-L. Chien, P.C. Searson, J. Res. Dev. 49, 79 (2005).Google Scholar