Photoionisation of rubidium in strong laser fields
- 55 Downloads
The photoionisation of rubidium in strong infra-red laser fields based on ab initio calculations was investigated. The bound and the continuum states are described with Slater orbitals and Coulomb wave packets, respectively. The bound state spectra were calculated with the variational method and we found it reproduced the experimental data within a few percent accuracy. Using the similar approach, ionisation of Rb was also successfully investigated. The effects of the shape and the parameters of the pulse to the photoionisation probabilities and the energy spectrum of the ionised electron are shown. These calculations may provide a valuable contribution at the design of laser and plasma based novel accelerators, the CERN AWAKE experiment.
Open access funding provided by MTA Wigner Research Centre for Physics (MTA Wigner FK, MTA EK)
- 1.M. Kitzler, S. Gräfe, Eds.,Ultrafast dynamics driven by intense light pulses: from atoms to solids, from lasers to intense X-rays, in Springer Series on Atomic, Optical, and Plasma Physics (Springer International Publishing, 2016), 86Google Scholar
- 5.B.I. Schneider, J. Feist, S. Nagele, R. Pazourek, S. Hu, L.A. Collins, J. Burgdörfer, in Quantum Dynamic Imaging: Theoretical and Numerical Methods (Springer, New York, NY, 2011), pp. 149–208Google Scholar
- 20.A. Green, in Advances in Quantum Chemistry (Academic Press, 1973), Vol. 7, pp. 221-262, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0065327608605638
- 24.H.A. Bethe, E.E. Saltpeter, Quantum Mechanics of One-and Two-Electron Atoms (Springer Verlag, Berlin, Göttingen, Heidelberg. Academic Press Inc., New York, 1957)Google Scholar
- 28.A. Kramide, Y. Ralchenko, NIST ASD Team, Nist Atomic Spectra Database (ver. 5.3) (2015), http://physics.nist.gov/asd
- 29.E. Gschwendtner, T. Bohl, C. Bracco, A. Butterworth, S. Cipiccia, S. Doebert, V. Fedosseev, E. Feldbaumer, C. Hessler, W. Hofle, M. Martyanov, M. Meddahi, J. Osborne, A. Pardons, A. Petrenko, H. Vincke, The AWAKE experimental facility at CERN, in Proceedings, 5th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC 2014): Dresden, Germany, 15–20 June 2014 (2014), p. MOPRI005, http://jacow.org/IPAC2014/papers/mopri005.pdf
Open AccessOpen Access This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.