Limited volume thin film deposition on geometrically complicated substrates
- 50 Downloads
This paper is focused on both the theoretical and experimental study of active particle penetration into a closed slot. Presented in this paper are layer profiles obtained through the plasma polymerization of acetylene on a specially developed substrate and the TiOx based layer profiles obtained by plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition (PECVD) on a glass substrate. In the second part of the paper a computational fluid model is presented that was developed in order to gain insight into the overriding physical phenomena taking part during the deposition process. This model enables us to predict the layer profile on complicated three-dimensional substrates and to set up the optimal parameters during the layer deposition. The data obtained theoretically and experimentally are compared.
PACS52.65.Kj Magnetohydrodynamic and fluid equation 52.80.Hc Glow; corona 52.40.Hf Plasma-material interactions; boundary layer effects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Yasuda, T. Okuno, M. Miyama, H. Yasuda, J. Polym. Sci. Pol. Chem. 32, 1839 (1994) Google Scholar
- E. Krentsel, S. Fusselman, H. Yasuda, T. Yasuda, M. Miyama, J. Poly. Sci. Poly. Chem. 32, 1829 (1994) Google Scholar
- H.U. Poll, U. Schladitz, S. Schreiter, Surf. Coat. Technol. 489, 142 (2001) Google Scholar
- T. Vatuna, J. Píchal, P. Špatenka, J. Koller, L. Aubrecht, A. Kolouch, Plasma Penetration through the PES Fabrics Sheaf in Atmospheric Corona and Dieleletric Barrier Discharges, 2nd International Workshop on Cold Atmospheric Pressure Plasmas: Sources and Applications (CAPPSA, 2005) Google Scholar
- J. Hladík, A. Kolouch, M. Jodas, P. Špatenka, Plasma treatment of a polyethylene powder, effect of plasma penetration under the upper layer of the powder, in Symposium on Applications of Plasma Processes Podbansk (2005), ISBN 80-223-2018-8 Google Scholar
- P. Špatenka, J. Hladík, A. Kolouch, A. Pfitzmann, P. Knoth, Plasma Treatment of Polyethylene Powder, Process and Application, 48th Annual Technical Conference Proceedings, Society of Vacuum Coaters 505/856-7188 (2005), ISSN 0737-5921 Google Scholar
- C.A.J. Fletcher, Computational Techniques for Fluid Dynamics 1 (Springer-Verlag, 1987) Google Scholar
- J. Benedikt, D.C. Schram, M.C.M. van de Sanden, J. Phys. Chem. A 109, 10153 (2005) Google Scholar