The effect of tamper layer on the explosion dynamics of atom clusters
- 73 Downloads
The behavior of small samples in very short and intense hard X-ray pulses is studied by molecular dynamics type calculations. The main emphasis is put on the effect of various tamper layers about the sample. This is discussed from the point of view of structural imaging of single particles, including not only the distortion of the structure but also the background conditions. A detailed picture is given about the Coulomb explosion, with explanation of the tampering mechanism. It is shown that a thin water layer is efficient in slowing down the distortion of the atomic structure, but it gives a significant contribution to the background.
PACS36.40.-c Atomic and molecular clusters 61.80.-x Physical radiation effects, radiation damage 61.46.-w Structure of nanoscale materials 87.59.-e X-ray imaging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.C. Solem, G.C. Baldwin, Science 218, 229 (1982)Google Scholar
- J.C. Solem, G.F. Chapline, Optim. Eng. 23, 193 (1984)Google Scholar
- R. Neutze, W. Wouts, D. van der Spoel, E. Weckert, J. Hajdu, Nature 406, 752 (2000)Google Scholar
- J. Arthur et al., Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) design study report, No. SLAC-R-521 (1998) http://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/lcls/design_report/e-toc.htmlGoogle Scholar
- F. Richard, J.R. Schneider, D. Trines, A. Wagner, TESLA technical design report, No. 11 (2001) http://tesla.desy.de/new_pages/TDR_CD/start.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Z. Jurek, G. Faigel, M. Tegze, Eur. Phys. J. D 29, 217 (2004)Google Scholar
- M. Bergh, N. Timneanu, D. van der Spoel, Phys. Rev. E 70, 051904 (2004)Google Scholar
- S.P. Hau-Riege, R.A. London, A. Szoke, Phys. Rev. E 69, 051906 (2004)Google Scholar
- S.P. Hau-Riege, R.A. London, H.N. Chapman, A. Szoke, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 198302 (2007)Google Scholar
- G. Faigel, Z. Jurek, G. Oszlanyi, M. Tegze, J. Alloys Compd. 401, 86 (2005)Google Scholar
- G. Bortel, G. Faigel, J. Struct. Biol. 158, 10 (2007)Google Scholar