Preparation of a stable and maximally entangled state of two distant qutrits trapped in separate cavities
- 55 Downloads
We have proposed a simple scheme to entangle two distant qutrits trapped in separate optical cavities. The quantum information of each qutrit is skillfully encoded on the degenerate ground states of a pair of atoms, hence the entanglement between them is relatively stable against spontaneous emission. In Lamb-Dicke limits, it is not necessary to require coincidence detections, which will relax the conditions for the experimental realization. The scheme is robust against the inefficient detections.
PACS.42.50.Dv Nonclassical states of the electromagnetic field, including entangled photon states; quantum state engineering and measurements 03.67.Mn Entanglement production, characterization, and manipulation 03.65.Ud Entanglement and quantum nonlocality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Bell, Physics 1, 195 (1964) Google Scholar
- P. Agrawal, P. Parashar, A.K. Pati, arXiv:quant-ph/0304006 Google Scholar
- D. Kaszlikowski et al., arXiv:quant-ph/0206170; T. Durt et al., arXiv:quant-ph/0207057 Google Scholar
- R.T. Thew et al., arXiv:quant-ph/0307122 Google Scholar
- L.-X. Cen, B.-P. Hou, M.-L. Chen, arXiv:quant-ph/0608105 Google Scholar