Two-qutrit entanglement witnesses and Gell-Mann matrices
- 119 Downloads
The Gell-Mann λ matrices for Lie algebra su(3) are the natural basis for the Hilbert space of Hermitian operators acting on the states of a three-level system(qutrit). So the construction of EWs for two-qutrit states by using these matrices may be an interesting problem. In this paper, several two-qutrit EWs are constructed based on the Gell-Mann matrices by using the linear programming (LP) method exactly or approximately. The decomposability and non-decomposability of constructed EWs are also discussed and it is shown that the λ-diagonal EWs presented in this paper are all decomposable but by adding λ-non-diagonal terms, one can obtain various non-decomposable EWs.
PACS.03.65.Ud Entanglement and quantum nonlocality (e.g. EPR paradox, Bell's inequalities, GHZ states, etc.)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.A. Nielsen, I.L. Chuang, Quantum Computation and Quantum Information (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2000) Google Scholar
- The Physics of Quantum Information: Quantum Cryptography, Quantum Teleportation and Quantum Computation, edited by D. Bouwmeester, A. Ekert, A. Zeilinger (Springer, New York, 2000) Google Scholar
- J. Preskill, The Theory of Quantum Information and Quantum Computation (California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, 2000) http://www.theory.caltech.edu/poeole/preskill/ ph229/ Google Scholar
- B. Baumgartner, B.C. Hiesmayr, H. Narnhofer, Phys. Lett. A (2007) DOI: 10.1016/j.physleta.2007.11.028 Google Scholar
- M.A. Jafarizadeh, G. Najarbashi, Y. Akbari, H. Habibian, Eur. Phys. J. D (2008) DOI: 10.1140/epjd/e2008-00028-0 Google Scholar
- S. Boyd, L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization (Cambridge University Press, 2004) Google Scholar
- E.K.P. Chong, S.H. Żak, An Introduction to Optimization (John Wiley, NY, 2001) Google Scholar
- W. Pfeifer, The Lie Algebras su(N) An Introduction (Birkhäuser Verlag, 2003) Google Scholar
- W. Rudin, Functional Analysis (McGraw-Hill, Singapore, 1991) Google Scholar
- R.A. Bertlmann, P. Krammer, e-print: arXiv:quant-ph/0706.1743v1 (2007) Google Scholar