Head-on collision of ion-acoustic solitary waves in an unmagnetized electron-positron-ion plasma
- 169 Downloads
The head-on collision between two ion-acoustic solitary waves in an unmagnetized electron-positron-ion plasma has been investigated. By using the extended Poincaré-Lighthill-Kuo perturbation method, we obtain the KdV equation and the analytical phase shift after the head-on collision of two solitary waves in this three-component plasma. The effects of the ratio of electron temperature to positron temperature, and the ratio of the number density of positrons to that of electrons on the phase shift are studied. It is found that these parameters can significantly influence the phase shifts of the solitons. Moreover, the compressive solitary wave can propagate in this system.
PACS.52.27.-h Basic studies of specific kinds of plasmas 52.35.-g Waves, oscillations, and instabilities in plasmas and intense beams
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. Tsytovich, C.B. Wharton, Plasma Phys. Contr. Fusion 4, 91 (1978) Google Scholar
- H.R. Miller, P.J. Witta, Active Galetic Nuclei (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1987), p. 202 Google Scholar
- E. Tandberg-Hansen, A.G. Emshie, The Physics of Solar Flares (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1988), p. 124 Google Scholar
- M.J. Ress, in: The Very Early Universe, edited by G.W. Gibbons, S.W. Hawking, S. Siklas (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1983) Google Scholar
- W. Misner, K.S. Throne, J.A. Wheeler, Gravitation (Freeman, San Francisco, 1973), p. 763 Google Scholar
- A. Jeffery, T. Kawahawa, Asymptotic Methods in Nonlinear Wave Theory (Pitman, London, 1982) Google Scholar