Screening constant by unit nuclear charge calculations for (n s2)1Se, (np2)1De and (N s n p)1P○ excited states of He-like systems
- 72 Downloads
Screening Constant by Unit Nuclear Charge (SCUNC) is a new analytical method suitable for the treatment of the properties of He-like systems. In this paper, the possibilities of the method are demonstrated for calculating in the framework of semi-empirical procedure, total energies, total electron-electron interaction energies and excitation energies for (ns2)1Se, (np2)1De and (Nsnp)1P° doubly excited states of He-like ions. The proposed semi-empirical scheme, leads to accurate results in good agreement as well as with available other theoretical results than experimental data.
PACS.31.15.bu Semi-empirical and empirical calculations 31.15.vj Electron correlations calculations for atoms and ions: excited states
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E.U. Condon, G.H. Shortley, Theory of Atomic Spectra (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1963) Google Scholar
- H.G. Kuhn, Atomic Spectra, 2nd edn. (Longman Group Ltd, London, 1969) Google Scholar
- V.V. Balashov, S.I. Grishanova, I.M. Kruglova, V.S. Senashenko, Opt. Spectra T 28, 858 (1970) Google Scholar
- A.I. Ivanov, I.U. Safronova, Opt. Spectrosk. 75, 516 (1993) Google Scholar
- H.A. Bethe, E.E. Salpeter, Quantum Mechanics of One-and Two Electron Atoms (Springer, Berlin, 1955; Plenum Publishing Corporation, New York, 1957) Google Scholar
- E. Clementi, Tables of Atomic Functions (IBM Res. Suppl., San.Jose, CA, 1965) Google Scholar