Poisson-Vlasov: stochastic representation and numerical codes
- 47 Downloads
A stochastic representation for the solutions of the Poisson-Vlasov equation, with several charged species, is obtained. The representation involves both an exponential and a branching process and it provides an intuitive characterization of the nature of the solutions and its fluctuations. Here, the stochastic representation is also proposed as a tool for the numerical evaluation of the solutions.
PACS.52.20.-j Elementary processes in plasmas 52.65.Ff Fokker-Planck and Vlasov equation 05.10.Gg Stochastic analysis methods
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E.B. Dynkin, Diffusions, Superdiffusions and Partial Differential Equations (AMS Colloquium Pubs., Providence, 2002) Google Scholar
- K. Fleischmann, V. Wachtel, e-print arXiv:math.PR/0605617 Google Scholar
- C.R. Oberman, E.A. Williams, in Handbook of Plasma Physics, edited by M.N. Rosenbluth, R.Z. Sagdeev (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1985), pp. 279–333 Google Scholar
- C. Graham, S. Méléard, in ESAIM Proceedings, edited by F. Coquel, S. Cordier (EDP Sciences, Les Ulis, 2001), Vol. 10, pp. 77–126 Google Scholar
- J.A. Acebrón, R. Spigler, Lect. Notes Comput. Sci. Eng. 55, 475 (2007) Google Scholar
- D. Talay, L. Tubaro, Probabilistic models for nonlinear partial differential equations, Lecture Notes in Mathematics (Springer, 1996), p. 1627 Google Scholar