Mapping the femtosecond dynamics of supported clusters with nanometer resolution
- 103 Downloads
In this paper we present a combined STM, SEM and time-resolved PEEM study of silver clusters on a nano-patterned HOPG-substrate, exhibiting areas of different defect type and defect densities. The areas show small but distinct differences in the femtosecond dynamics associated with electronic excitations in the clusters. We assign these differences to variations in the cluster size distribution and variations in the cluster-substrate interaction as governed by the bonding to the different defect types.
PACS.73.22.Lp Collective excitations 79.60.Jv Interfaces; heterostructures; nanostructures 61.46.+w Nanoscale materials: clusters, nanoparticles, nanotubes, and nanocrystals
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Aeschlimann, Review in Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, volume 3, edited by H. Nalwa (American Scientific Publishers, 2004), pp. 29–40 Google Scholar
- J. C. Diels, Ultrashort Laser Pulse Phenomena (Academic Press, 1995) Google Scholar
- T. Becker, H. Hövel, M. Tschudy, B. Reihl, Appl. Phys. A 66, S27 (1998) Google Scholar
- R.G. Forbes, Vacuum, 48, 85 (1997) Google Scholar
- L.D. Landau, E.M. Lifschitz, Lehrbuch der Theoretischen Physik, Bd. II: Klassische Feldtheorie, 6. Auflage (Akademie-Verlag Berlin, 1973) Google Scholar