Electronic properties of arrayed K clusters in zeolite LTA with Si/Al = 1.5
- 45 Downloads
Arrayed cationic K clusters including one 4s-electron in each cluster, i.e., Km+1 m+, were incorporated into α-cages of zeolite LTA with Si/Al=1.5. Although no magnetic phase transition was observed regarding the temperature (T) dependence of magnetic susceptibilities originating from the 4s-electron spins (χspin) between 2 and 300 K, the χspin-T curve could be fitted by the sum of magnetic susceptibilities based on the Curie-Weiss law and Pauli paramagnetism. A possible explanation of this behavior is the existence of a narrow energy band formed out of 1s-cluster orbitals of arrayed K clusters, and the existence of a finite density of state at the Fermi energy.
PACS.82.75.Vx Clusters in zeolites 73.22-.f Electronic structure of nanoscale materials: clusters, nanoparticles, nanotubes, and nanocrystals
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Nakano, Y. Ikemoto, Y. Nozue, Phys. B 281–282, 688 (2000) Google Scholar
- T. Nakano, Y. Ikemoto, Y. Nozue, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn 71, (2002) Suppl. pp. 199 Google Scholar
- T. Nakano, D. Kiniwa, Y. Ikemoto, Y. Nozue, J. Mag. Mag. Mater. 272–276, 114 (2004) Google Scholar
- T. Kodaira, Y. Murakami, submitted Google Scholar
- T. Kodaira, Y. Murakami, S. Inoue, Phys. B 359–361, 1445 (2005) Google Scholar
- T. Nakano, Y. Ikemoto, Y. Nozue, J. Mag. Mag. Mater. 226–230, 238 (2001) Google Scholar
- L. Damjanovic, G.D. Stucky, V.I. Srdanov, J. Serb. Chem. Soc. 65, 311 (2000) Google Scholar