Spontaneously generated coherence in a Doppler broadened atomic system
- 61 Downloads
We investigate the spontaneously generated coherence (SGC) in a Doppler broadened four-level atomic system driven by two coherent fields. We plot the spontaneous emission spectra with different parameters and discuss how the initial atomic conditions and parameters of both fields change the number of peaks and dark lines of spontaneous emission spectra. Furthermore, we also show how the spontaneous emission spectrum is modified by Doppler effects in the viewed direction. Our results have important references to the experimental observation of SGC in hot atomic vapors.
PACS.32.80.Qk Coherent control of atomic interactions with photons 32.50.+d Fluorescence, phosphorescence (including quenching) 42.50.Lc Quantum fluctuations, quantum noise, and quantum jumps
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.O. Scully, M. Fleischhauer, Phys. Rev. Lett. 69, 1360 (1992); A.M. Akulshin, S. Barreiro, A. Lezama, Phys. Rev. A 57, 2996 (1998); M. Fleischhauer, A.B. Matsko, M.O. Scully, Phys. Rev. A 62, 013808 (2000); T. Hong, C. Cramer, W. Nagourney, E.N. Fortson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 050801 (2005) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- S.Y. Zhu, R.C.F. Chan, C.P. Lee, Phys. Rev. A 52, 710 (1995); S.-Y. Zhu, M.O. Scully, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76, 388 (1996); P. Zhou, S. Swain, Phys. Rev. Lett. 78, 832 (1997); P. Zhou, S. Swain, Phys. Rev. A 56, 3011 (1997); P. Zhou, S. Swain, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 15, 2593 (1998); P.R. Berman, Phys. Rev. A 58, 4886 (1998); K.T. Kapale, M.O. Scully, S.-Y. Zhu, M.S. Zubairy, Phys. Rev. A 67, 023804 (2003) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- G.S. Agarwal, Quantum Optics (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1974) Google Scholar
- V. Weisskopf, E.P. Wigner, Z. Phys. 54, 63 (1930) Google Scholar
- S.M. Barnett, P.M. Radmore, Methods in Theoretical Quantum Optics (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1997) Google Scholar