High resolution polarization spectroscopy and laser induced fluorescence of CO2 around 2μm
- 83 Downloads
High resolution Infrared Polarisation Spectroscopy (IRPS) and Infrared Laser Induced Fluorescence (IRLIF) techniques were used to probe CO2/N2 binary gas mixture at atmospheric pressure and ambient temperature. The probed CO2 molecules were prepared by laser excitation to an overtone and combination ro-vibrational state (1201, J=15) of CO2, centred at 4988.6612 cm-1. IRPS and IRLIF line profiles were recorded for several CO2/N2 binary mixtures. The observed IRLIF line shapes have the expected Lorentzian form while the observed IRPS line shapes are narrower by a factor of two than those recorded with the IRLIF and appear to have a Lorentzian-cubed profile. The recorded line profiles provide measurements of the pressure-broadening coefficient directly at atmospheric pressure. The Full-Width-Half-Maxima (FWHM) pressure broadening coefficients are measured, based on IRLIF, to be 0.2174±0.0092 cm-1atm-1 and 0.1327 ±0.0077 cm-1atm-1 for self- and N2 collision broadening, respectively. The broadening coefficients obtained based on IRPS were measured to be ~8% larger than those obtained with IRLIF.
PACS.42.25.Ja Polarization 42.62.Fi Laser spectroscopy 33.70.Jg Line and band widths, shapes, and shifts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Z.S. Li, M. Levin, J. Zetterberg, J. Kiefer, M. Aldén, Proc. Combust. Inst. 31, (to appear, 2007) Google Scholar
- K.C. Smyth, D.R. Crosley, Applied Combustion Diagnostics, edited by K. Kohse-Hoighaus, J.B. Jeffries, Taylor (Francis, UK, 2002) Google Scholar
- W. Demtröder, Laser Spectroscopy: Basic concepts and instrumentation, 2nd edn. (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1996) Google Scholar
- W.H. Press, B.P. Flannery, S.A. Teukolskyand, W.T. Vetterling, Numerical Recipes in C (Cambridge University Press, New York, 1988) Google Scholar
- K. Meeuwissen, O. Lucas, Z.T. Alwahabi, V. Linton, Appl. Spectrosc. (submitted) Google Scholar
- J. Troe, J. Chem, Phys. 66, 2758 (1977) Google Scholar