Relativistic multireference many-body perturbation theory calculations on Au64+ - Au69+ ions
- 82 Downloads
Many-body perturbation theory (MBPT) calculations are an adequate tool for the description of the structure of highly charged multi-electron ions and for the analysis of their spectra. We demonstrate this by way of a re-investigation of n=3, Δn=0 transitions in the EUV spectra of Na-, Mg-, Al-like, and Si-like ions of Au that have been obtained previously by heavy-ion accelerator based beam-foil spectroscopy. We discuss the evidence and propose several revisions on the basis of our multi-reference many-body perturbation theory calculations of Ne- through P-like ions of Au.
PACS.32.30.Jc Visible and ultraviolet spectra 31.15.Md Perturbation theory 34.50.Fa Electronic excitation and ionization of atoms (including beam-foil excitation and ionization)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Beiersdorfer, S. von Goeler, M. Bitter, E. Hinnov, R. Bell, S. Bernabei, J. Felt, K.W. Hill, R. Hulse, J. Stevens, S. Suckewer, J. Timberlake, A. Wouters, M.H. Chen, J.H. Scofield, D.D. Dietrich, M. Gerassimenko, E. Silver, R.S. Walling, P.L. Hagelstein, Phys. Rev. A 37, 4153 (1988) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- Y.-K. Kim, in Atomic Processes in Plasmas (AIP Conf. Proc. No. 206, 1990), p. 19 Google Scholar
- P.J. Mohr, Phys. Rev. A 46 4421 (1992) Google Scholar
- U.I. Safronova, M. Sataka, W.R. Johnson, M.S. Safronova, JAERI-Data/Code 2001-022 Google Scholar
- E. Träbert, P. Beiersdorfer, E.H. Pinnington, S.B. Utter, M.J. Vilkas, Y. Ishikawa, Proc. Conf. on the Physics of Highly Charged Ions (HCI-2006), J. Phys. Conf. Ser. (to be published) Google Scholar
- K.-N. Huang, W.R. Johnson, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. B 502, 104 (1985) Google Scholar
- H.S. Kwong, P.L. Smith, W.H. Parkinson 25, 2629 (1982) Google Scholar