Influence of nonlinear quantum dissipation on the dynamical properties of the f-deformed Jaynes-Cummings model in the dispersive limit
- 96 Downloads
In this paper, we give a fully analytical description of the dynamics of an atom–field system, described by an f-deformed Jaynes-Cummings model, in the presence of nonlinear quantum dissipation and in the large detuning approximation. By solving analytically the f-deformed Liouville equation for the density operator at zero temperature, we explore the influence of nonlinear quantum dissipation on dynamical behavior of the atom-field system. Considering the field to be initially in a q-deformed coherent state, it is found that in the presence of nonlinear quantum dissipation (i) the amplitude of the entanglement between the field and the atom decreases with time, (ii) the sub-Poissonian characteristic of the initial cavity-field is enhanced at the initial stages of the evolution, but as time goes on the photon counting statistics asymptotically tends to the Poissonian statistics, and (iii) each of the two quadrature components of cavity-field exhibits damped oscillatory squeezing in the course of time and their quantum noises are asymptotically stabilized at the standard quantum limit.
PACS.42.50.Ct Quantum description of interaction of light and matter; related experiments 42.50.Dv Nonclassical states of the electromagnetic field, including entangled photon states; quantum state engineering and measurements 32.80.-t Photon interactions with atoms
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.H. Eberly, N.B. Narozhny, J.J. Sanchez-Mondragon, Phys. Rev. Lett. 44, 1323 (1980); C.V. Sukumar, B. Buck, Phys. Lett. A 83, 211 (1981); Y.I. Yoo, J.H. Eberly, Phys. Rep. 118, 239 (1985); A. Joshi, R.R. Puri, J. Mod. Opt. 34, 1421 (1987); B.W. Shore, P.L. Knight, J. Mod. Opt. 40, 137 (1989); Y.T. Chough, H.J. Charmichael, Phys. Rev. A 54, 1709 (1996); A. Joshi, Phys. Rev. A 62, 043812 (2000); R.A. Zait, N.H. Abd El-Wahab, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 35, 3701 (2002); R.A. Zait, N.H. Abd El-Wahab, Phys. Scripta 66, 425 (2002); R.A. Zait, Phys. Lett. A 319, 461 (2003) MathSciNetCrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- R.J. McDermott, A.I. Solomon, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 27, L15 (1994); A.I. Solomon, In Fifth International Conference on Squeezed States, Uncertainty Relations, Balatonfured, Hungary, May 27-31, 1997, edited by D. Han, J. Janszky, Y.S. Kim And V.I. Mank'o (NASA Conference Publication 1998-206855, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland), p. 157 Google Scholar
- J. Crnugelj, M. Martinis, V. Mikuta-Martinis, Fizika A 2, 183 (1993); J. Crnugelj, M. Martinis, V. Mikuta-Martinis, Phys. Rev. A 50, 1785 (1994) Google Scholar
- S.M. Barnett, P.L. Knight, Phys. Rev. A 33, 2444 (1986); R.R. Puri, G.S. Agarwal, Phys. Rev. A 35, 3433 (1987); H.J. Briegel, B.G. Englert, Phys. Rev. A 47, 3311 (1993); A.J. Wonderen, Phys. Rev. A 56, 3116 (1997); A. Lindner, H. Freese, G. Quehl, D. Reiß, K. Schiller, Eur. Phys. J. D 17, 99 (2001) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- R.R. Puri, G.S. Agarwal, Phys. Rev. A 39, 3879 (1988); G. Adam, J. Seke, O. Hittmair, Phys. Rev. A 42, 5522 (1990); M.Y. Hamza, S.J. Qamar, J. Opt. B: Quant. Semiclass. Opt. 2, 323 (2000); L. Zhou, H.S. Song, Y.X. Luo, C. Li, Phys. Lett. A 284, 156 (2001); E.K. Bashkirov, M.S. Rusakova, preprint arXiv:quant-ph/0504184 (2005) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- W.P. Schleich, Quantum Optics in Phase Space (Wiley-VCH, Berlin, 2001) Google Scholar
- A. Perelomov, Generalized Coherent States and their Applications (Springer, Berlin, 1986) Google Scholar
- H.P. Yuen, J.H. Shapiro, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory IT-24, 657 (1978); J.H. Shapiro, H.P. Yuen, M.J.A.Machado, IEEE Trans. Inform.Theory IT-25, 179 (1979); H.P. Yuen, J.H. Shapiro, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory IT-26, 78 (1980) Google Scholar
- M.O. Scully, M.S. Zubairy, Quantum Optics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1997) Google Scholar