The Ne II spectrum
- 290 Downloads
Spectra of neon-filled hollow cathode discharge lamps were observed by means of high-resolution Fourier-transform spectroscopy (FTS) covering the region from vacuum ultraviolet to near infrared. By combining these new measurements with results of other FTS and grating spectroscopy observations, we compiled a complete list of approximately 1700 spectral lines of Ne II covering the range from 324 Å to 130000 Å. All known energy levels of Ne II were derived from this line list with improved accuracy. The newly optimized energy levels were used to derive a set of Ritz wavelength standards in the vacuum ultraviolet that are in good agreement with the previously used data. An improved classification of energy levels was made with the help of parametric calculations, and the existing controversy in the naming of strongly mixed levels was resolved.
PACS.32.10.Fn Fine and hyperfine structure 32.30.Jc Visible and ultraviolet spectra 32.30.Bv Radio-frequency, microwave, and infrared spectra 31.15.Ct Semi-empirical and empirical calculations (differential overlap, Huckel, PPP methods, etc.) 95.30.Ky Atomic and molecular data, spectra, and spectral parameters (opacities, rotation constants, line identification, oscillator strengths, gf values, transition probabilities, etc.)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C.J. Sansonetti, M.M. Blackwell, E.B. Saloman, J. Res. Natl. Inst. Stand. Technol. 109, 371 (2004) Google Scholar
- B.A. Palmer, R. Engleman Jr, Atlas of the Thorium Spectrum, Los Alamos Natl. Lab. Report 9615, National Technical Information Service, Springfield, VA (1983) Google Scholar
- J.E. Sansonetti, J. Reader, C.J. Sansonetti, N. Acquista, A.M. Sansonetti, R.A. Dragoset (2003), Atlas of the Spectrum of a Platinum/Neon Hollow-Cathode Lamp in the Region 1130-4330 Å (version 1.2); available: http://physics.nist.gov/platinum [2004, January 30]; Natl. Inst. Stand. Technol., Gaithersburg, MD Google Scholar
- G. Nave, S. Johansson, R.C.M. Learner, A.P. Thorne, J.W. Brault, Astrophys. J. Suppl. Ser. 94, 221 (1994); J. Sugar, C.H. Corliss, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data Suppl. 14, 1 (1985); M. Rosberg, S.G. Johansson, Phys. Scripta 45, 590 (1992); E. Biémont, S. Johansson, P. Palmeri, Phys. Scripta 55, 559 (1997) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- J. Blaise, J.-F. Wyart, Energy levels and atomic spectra of actinides, Tables Int. Const. 20, 1 (1992) Google Scholar
- P. Quinet, private communication (1999) Google Scholar
- R.D Cowan, The theory of atomic structure and spectra (University of California Press, Berkeley, 1981) Google Scholar
- A.E. Kramida, C.M. Brown, U. Feldman, J. Reader, Extended EUV and UV Spectrum of Ne II, Phys. Scripta (2006, in press) Google Scholar