Positron and electron scattering from alkane molecules
- 70 Downloads
Total cross-sections (TCSs) for 0.2–1000 eV positrons and 0.4–1000 eV electrons colliding with normal-octane and cyclo-octane molecules have been studied using a relative measurement method. The TCS curves for positron and electron vary smoothly and compare well with other alkane molecules, in order of increasing carbon number. For positron scattering, weak humps at 1.5–2.5 eV for both normal- and cyclo-octane were observed. In the energy range lower than 2.2 eV, positron TCSs are roughly equal to or larger than electron TCSs. For electron scattering, a resonance peak at 8 eV and a shoulder at 25.0 eV were observed for both molecules. Over all the energy range, the TCS values for normal-octane are larger than those of cyclo-octane. The positron and electron TCS data for normal- and cyclo-octane molecules are briefly compared with those for normal- and cyclo-hexane.
KeywordsNeural Network Alkane Energy Range Quantum Computing Relative Measurement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W.L. Morgan, Adv. At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 43, 79 (2000) Google Scholar
- Y. Hatano, Adv. At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 43, 231 (2002) Google Scholar
- M. Kimura, O. Sueoka, A. Hamada, Y. Itikawa, Adv. Chem. Phys. 111, 537 (1999) Google Scholar
- O. Sueoka, M. Kawada, A. Hamada, H. Tanaka, M. Kitajima, M. Kimura, In International Symposium on Electron- Molecules Collisions and Swarms, Tokyo, Japan, July 1999, pp. 195 Google Scholar
- C.M. Surko, G.F. Gribakin, S.J. Buckman, J. Phys. B 38, R57 (2005) Google Scholar
- C. Makochekanwa, H. Kato, M. Hoshino, H. Tanaka, H. Kubo, M.H.F. Bettega, A.R. Lopes, M.A.P. Lima, L.G. Ferreira, J. Chem. Phys. (in press) Google Scholar
- C. Makochekanwa, O. Sueoka, M. Kimura, Nucl. Instr. Meth. B (submitted) Google Scholar