Desorption of Rb and Cs from PDMS induced by non resonant light scattering
- 196 Downloads
Simultaneous light-induced desorption of rubidium and cesium atoms has been observed in polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) coated Pyrex cells at room temperature and at low light intensity. The two alkali atoms show the same dynamics and the same dependence on the desorbing light frequency. No competition in the free sites occupancy exists. An interpretation of the experimental results in terms of non-resonant light scattering from the PDMS coating is discussed.
KeywordsNeural Network Light Intensity Light Scattering Nonlinear Dynamics Cesium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Meucci, E. Mariotti, P. Bicchi, C. Marinelli, L. Moi, Europhys. Lett. 25, 639 (1994) Google Scholar
- A. Gozzini, F. Mango, J.H. Xu, G. Alzetta, F. Maccarrone, R.A. Bernheim, Nuovo Cim. D 15, 709 (1993) Google Scholar
- E. Mariotti, M. Meucci, C. Marinelli, P. Bicchi, L. Moi, XIIth International Conference on Laser Spectroscopy (World Scientific, New York, 1996), p. 390 Google Scholar
- A.M. Bonch-Bruevich, Y.N. Maksimov, S.G. Przhibel'skii, V.V. Khromov, Sov. Phys. JETP 65, 161 (1987) Google Scholar
- A. Burchianti, Ph.D. thesis, University of Siena (2003) Google Scholar
- Handbook of Physical Quantities, edited by I.S. Grigoriev, E.Z. Melikhov (CRC Press, Boca Raton, 1997) Google Scholar
- Handbook of Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, edited by G.W.F. Drake (Springer, Berlin, 1996) Google Scholar
- J.H. de Boer, The Dynamical Character of Adsorption (Clarendon, Oxford, 1968) Google Scholar