Energy dependence of the Penning ionization electron spectrum of Ne* (3P2,0)+Kr
- 70 Downloads
A crossed beam experiment is carried out to measure the energy of electrons emitted in Penning ionization processes by Ne*(3P2,0)–Kr collisions. The electron energy spectra have been measured at four different collision energies: 0.050, 0.140, 0.190, 0.460 eV. The analysis of the results allows the separation of spin orbit contributions both in the entrance and in the exit channels providing the related cross-section ratios. Some theoretical considerations have been made to clarify nature and role of interatomic potentials driving the collisions and some general features about the role of atomic fine structure in the Penning ionization processes.
PACS.34.50.Gb Electronic excitation and ionization of molecules; intermediate molecular states (including lifetimes, state mixing, etc.) 32.70.Jz Line shapes, widths, and shifts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. Aquilanti, G. Liuti, F. Pirani, F. Vecchiocattivi, J. Chem. Soc., Faraday Trans. 85, 955 (1989) Google Scholar
- B. Brunetti, F. Vecchiocattivi, Current Topic on Ion Chemistry and Physics, edited by C.Y. Ng, T. Baer, I. Powis (John Wiley & Sons Ltd, New York, 1993), p. 359 Google Scholar
- H. Morgner, Comm. At. Mol. Phys. 11, 271 (1982) Google Scholar
- T. Bregel, W. Bussert, J. Ganz, H. Hotop, M.-W. Ruf, in Electronic and Atomic Collisions, ICPEAC XIV, edited by D.C. Lorents, W.E. Meyerhof, J.R. Peterson (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1986), p. 577 Google Scholar
- K. Kimura, S. Katsumata, Y. Achiba, T. Yamazaki, S. Iwata, Handbook of He I Photoelectron Spectra of Fundamental Organic Molecules (Japan Scientific Press, Tokyo, 1981) Google Scholar
- H. Hotop, in Electronic and Atomic Collisions, ICPEAC XI, edited by N. Oda, K. Takayanagi (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1980), p. 271 Google Scholar
- R. Grice, D.R. Herschbach, Mol. Phys. 27, 159 (1974) Google Scholar