Elastic scattering of electrons from tetrahydrofuran molecule
- 102 Downloads
Absolute differential cross-sections (DCSs) for elastic scattering of electrons from the DNA backbone sugarlike analogue tetrahydrofuran (THF) molecule were determined using a crossed beam measurements for incident energies from 20 eV to 300 eV and scattering angles from 10o to 110o. Using the relative-flow technique, elastic DCSs for THF relative to nitrogen have been obtained at incident energies of 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 eV. In the energy region above 30 eV, the DCSs were measured independently as a function of both incident electron energy and scattering angle. Therefore, this set of relative DCSs has been calibrated to the absolute scale via normalization to a single point in the overlapping region. Additionally, both vibrational and electronic energy loss spectra for THF are presented and influence of energy resolution to the obtained DCSs is discussed.
KeywordsNeural Network Energy Loss Electron Energy Nonlinear Dynamics Tetrahydrofuran
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Antic, L. Parenteau, L. Sanche, J. Phys. Chem. B 104, 4711 (2000) Google Scholar
- U. Titt, V. Dangendorf, B. Grosswendt, H. Schuhmacher, Nucl. Instr. Meth. A 477, 536 (2002) Google Scholar
- J.C. Nickel, P.W. Zetner, G. Shen, S. Trajmar, J. Phys. E 22, 730 (1989) Google Scholar
- J.C. Nickel, C. Mott, I. Kanik, D.C. McCollum, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 21, 1867 (1988) Google Scholar
- A.R. Milosavljević, S. Telega, D. Šević, J.E. Sienkiewicz, B.P. Marinković, Eur. Phys. J. D 29, 329 (2004) Google Scholar
- A.R. Milosavljević, V.I. Kelemen, D.M. Filipović, S.M. Kazakov, V. Pejčev, D. Šević, B.P. Marinković, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 38, 2195 (2005) Google Scholar
- H. Cho, R.P. McEachran, H. Tanaka, S.J. Buckman, J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 37, 4639 (2004) Google Scholar