A simple quantum gate with atom chips
- 104 Downloads
We present a simple scheme for implementing an atomic phase gate using two degrees of freedom for each atom and discuss its realization with cold rubidium atoms on atom chips. We investigate the performance of this collisional phase gate and show that gate operations with high fidelity can be realized in magnetic traps that are currently available on atom chips.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Neural Network Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics Quantum Computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Folman, P. Krüger, J. Schmiedmayer, J. Denschlag, C. Henkel, Adv. At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 48, 263 (2002) Google Scholar
- M.A. Nielsen, I.L. Chuang, Quantum Computation and Quantum Information (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2000) Google Scholar
- The first term of the series expansion eikx=1+ikx+... leads to a new definition of the internal eigenstates and their frequencies. For ease of notation, we continue to denote them with |i〉, |f〉 and ωi, ωf Google Scholar
- P. Treutlein, private communication Google Scholar
- J. Reichel, W. Hänsel, P. Hommelhoff, T.W. Hänsch, Appl. Phys. B 72, 81 (2001) Google Scholar