Creating Ioffe-Pritchard micro-traps from permanent magnetic film with in-plane magnetization
- 92 Downloads
We present designs for Ioffe-Pritchard type magnetic traps using planar patterns of hard magnetic material. Two samples with different pattern designs were produced by spark erosion of 40 μm thick FePt foil. The pattern on the first sample yields calculated axial and radial trap frequencies of 51 Hz and 6.8 kHz, respectively. For the second sample the calculated frequencies are 34 Hz and 11 kHz. The structures were used successfully as a magneto-optical trap for 87Rb and loaded as a magnetic trap. A third design, based on lithographically patterned 250 nm thick FePt film on a Si substrate, yields an array of 19 traps with calculated axial and radial trap frequencies of 1.5 kHz and 110 kHz, respectively.
KeywordsNeural Network Nonlinear Dynamics Magnetic Material Quantum Computing Pattern Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Folman et al., Adv. At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 48, 263 (2002) Google Scholar
- E. Jané et al., Quant. Inf. Comp. 3, 15 (2003) Google Scholar
- A. Sidorov et al., C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Série IV 2, 565 (2001) Google Scholar
- A. Sidorov et al., Acta Phys. Polon. B 33, 2137 (2002) Google Scholar
- C.D.J. Sinclair et al., e-print arXiv:physics/0502073 Google Scholar
- Y.T. Xing et al., unpublished Google Scholar
- Y.T. Xing et al., Phys. Stat. Sol. (c) 12, 3702 (2004) Google Scholar
- Y. Gott, M. Ioffe, V. Tel’kovskii, Nucl. Fusion Suppl. Pt. 3, 1045 (1962) Google Scholar
- Wolfram Research, Inc., Mathematica, Version 5.0 (Champaign, IL, 2003) Google Scholar
- S. Scheel, P. Rekdal, P. Knight, E. Hinds, e-print arXiv:quant-ph/0501149 Google Scholar