Results of the first performance tests * of the CMS electromagnetic calorimeter
- 95 Downloads
Performance tests of some aspects of the CMS ECAL were carried out on modules of the "barrel" sub-system in 2002 and 2003. A brief test with high energy electron beams was made in late 2003 to validate prototypes of the new Very Front End electronics. The final versions of the monitoring and cooling systems, and of the high and low voltage regulation were used in these tests. The results are consistent with the performance targets including those for noise and overall energy resolution, required to fulfil the physics programme of CMS at the LHC.
KeywordsElectron Beam Elementary Particle Calorimeter Energy Electron Energy Resolution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CMS Collaboration, The Compact Muon Solenoid Technical Proposal, CERN/LHCC 94-38 (1994)Google Scholar
- 2.CMS Collaboration, The Electromagnetic Calorimeter Technical Design Report CERN/LHCC 97-33 (1977)Google Scholar
- 6.J.P. Walder et al. , IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., 48(6) (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.I. Baillon et al. , Design and Performance of the Cooling System for the Electromagnetic Calorimeter of CMS, to be published in: the Proceedings of 2004 IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, Como, Italy, May 18-20, 2004, CMS CR-2004/030Google Scholar
- 8.A. Bartoloni, The Power Supply System for the CMS-ECAL APDs, in: Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on Electronics for LHC Experiments LEB 2001, Stockholm, Sweden, 10-14 Sept. 2001, CERN-2001-005, 358 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.P. Bonamy et al. , The ECAL Calibration: Use of the Light Monitoring System, CMS Note 1998/013Google Scholar
- 12.P. Paganini et al. , Pulse Amplitude Reconstruction in the CMS ECAL Using the Weights Method, CMS Note 2004/025Google Scholar
- 13.F. Cavallari et al. , A Proposal for Intercalibration of ECAL Crystals Using Laboratory Measurements, CMS Note in preparationGoogle Scholar