Rigorous relativistic equation for quark–antiquark bound states at finite temperature derived from thermal QCD formulated in the coherent-state representation
- 40 Downloads
A rigorous three-dimensional relativistic equation for quark–antiquark bound states at finite temperature is derived from the thermal QCD generating functional which is formulated in the coherent-state representation. The generating functional is derived newly and given a correct path-integral expression. The perturbative expansion of the generating functional is specifically given by means of the stationary-phase method. Especially, the interaction kernel in the three-dimensional equation is derived by virtue of the equations of motion satisfied by some quark–antiquark Green functions and given a closed form which is expressed in terms of only a few types of Green functions. This kernel is very suitable to use for exploring the deconfinement of quarks. To demonstrate the applicability of the equation derived, the one-gluon exchange kernel is derived and described in detail.
KeywordsPartition Function Ghost Green Function Perturbative Expansion Position Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. Hardtke, in: Proceedings of XXI International Symposium on Lepton and Photon Interactions at High Energies, p. 329, at Fermilab (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.M.D. Elia, A. Di Giacomo, E. Meggiolaro, Phys. Rev. D, 114504 (2003)Google Scholar
- 19.L.S. Schulman, Techniques and Applications of Path Integration (Wiley-Interscience Publication, New York, 1981)Google Scholar
- 21.J.W. Negele, H. Orland, Quantum Many-Particle Systems, (Perseus Books Publishing, L.L. C, 1998)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Le Bellac, Thermal Field Theory (Cambridge University Press, 1996)Google Scholar
- 25.L.D. Faddeev, A.A. Slavnov, Gauge Fields: Introduction to Quantum Theory (The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company, Inc., 1980)Google Scholar
- 26.C. Itzykson, J.-B. Zuber, Quantum Field Theory (McGraw-Hill Inc., New York, 1980)Google Scholar
- 29.A.L. Fetter, J.D. Walecka, Quantum Theory of Many-Particle Systems (McGraw-Hill, 1971)Google Scholar
- 30.D. Lurie, Particles and Fields (Interscience Publishers, New York, 1968)Google Scholar
- 32.J.I. Kapusta, Finite-Temperature Field Theory (Cambridge University Press, 1989)Google Scholar