An alternative approach to canonical quantizationof the radiation damping
- 62 Downloads
Inspired by some works on quantization of dissipative systems, in particular the ones treating the damped harmonic oscillator and by a paper due to Lukierski, we consider the dissipative system of a charge interacting with its own radiation, which is the origin of radiation damping. Using the indirect Lagrangian representation we obtained a Lagrangian formalism with a Chern-Simons-like term. A Hamiltonian analysis is also done in commutative and non-commutative scenarios, which leads to the quantization of the system.
KeywordsRadiation Field Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Harmonic Oscillator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. Banerjee, P. Mukherjee, quant-ph/0205143; quant-ph/0108055Google Scholar
- 3.E. Celechini, M. Rasetti, G. Vitiello, Ann. Phys. 215, 156 (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.H. Feshbach, Y. Tikochinsky, Trans. N.Y. Acad. Sci., Ser. II 38, 44 (1977)Google Scholar
- 6.W. Heitler, The quantum theory of radiation (Dover, 1970), 3nd ed.; J.D. Jackson, Classical electrodynamics (Wiley, New York 1975), 2nd ed., Chaps. 14 and 17; Gilbert N. Plass, Rev. Mod. Phys. 33, 37 (1961)Google Scholar
- 7.R.P. Walker, Radiation Damping, Proceedings, General Accelerator Physics, CERN Geneva, CERN 91-04, 116-135 (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.C. Bula, K.T. McDonald, E.J. Prebys, C. Bamber, S. Boege, T. Kotseroglou, A.C. Melissinos, D.D. Meyerhofer, W. Ragg, D.L. Burke, R.C. Field, G. Horton-Smith, A.C. Odian, J.E. Spencer, D. Walz, S.C. Berridge, W.M. Bugg, K. Shmakov, A.W. Weidemann, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76, 3116 (1996)CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- 10.A.C.R. Mendes, P.M.V.B. Barone, Monograph: Abordagens Fenomenológicas e Microscópicas da Teoria do Amortecimento Radiativo, UFJF (1995)Google Scholar
- 14.Y. Brihaye, C. Gonera, S. Giller, P. Kosiński, hep-th/9503046Google Scholar
- 16.R. Jackiw, in Constraints Theory and Quantization Methods, edited by F. Colomo et al. (World Scientific, Singapore 1994), p. 163Google Scholar