The partonic interpretation of reggeon theory models
- 40 Downloads
We review the physical content of the two simplest models of reggeon field theory: namely the eikonal and the Schwimmer models. The AGK cutting rules are used to obtain the inclusive, the inelastic and the diffractive cross sections. The system of non-linear equations for these cross sections is written down and analytic expressions for its solution are obtained. We derive the rapidity gap dependence of the differential cross sections for diffractive dissociation in the Schwimmer model and in its eikonalized extension. The results are interpreted from the partonic viewpoint of the interaction at high energies.
KeywordsInelastic Cross Section Eikonal Approximation Lorentz Frame Pomeron Exchange Inclusive Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V.N. Gribov, in Proceedings of the VIII LIYF Winter School of Physics, Leningrad, 1973, part II, p. 5 (in Russian); Gauge Theories and Quark Confinement, Moscow: PHASIS (2002) p. 1Google Scholar
- 4.L.N. Lipatov, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 23, 338 (1976); E.A. Kuraev, L.N. Lipatov, V.S. Fadin, Sov. Phys. JETP 44, 433 (1976); 45, 199 (1977); Ya.Ya. Balitsky, L.N. Lipatov, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 28, 822 (1979)Google Scholar
- 6.K.G. Boreskov, in Multiple Facets of Quantization and Supersymmetry, Michael Marinov Memorial Volume, edited by M. Olshanetsky et al. (World Scientific), p. 322, hep-ph/0112325Google Scholar
- 9.V.A. Abramovsky, V.N. Gribov, O.V. Kancheli, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 18, 308 (1974)Google Scholar
- 11.D. Amati, S. Fubini, A. Stanghelini, Nuovo Cim., 26, 896 (1962)Google Scholar
- 13.K.G. Boreskov, A.B. Kaidalov, Acta Phys. Polon. B 20, 397 (1989)Google Scholar
- 19.V.A. Abramovsky, E.V. Gedalin, E.G. Gurvich, O.V. Kancheli, Inelastic interactions at high energies and Chromodynamics, Tbilisi, Metsniereba, 1986 (in Russian)Google Scholar