Measurement of dijet cross sections in ep interactions with a leading neutron at HERA
- 51 Downloads
Measurements are reported of the production of dijet events with a leading neutron in ep interactions at HERA. Differential cross sections for photoproduction and deep inelastic scattering are presented as a function of several kinematic variables. Leading order QCD simulation programs are compared with the measurements. Models in which the real or virtual photon interacts with a parton of an exchanged pion are able to describe the data. Next-to-leading order perturbative QCD calculations based on pion exchange are found to be in good agreement with the measured cross sections. The fraction of leading neutron dijet events with respect to all dijet events is also determined. The dijet events with a leading neutron have a lower fraction of resolved photon processes than do the inclusive dijet data.
KeywordsDifferential Cross Section Inelastic Scattering Differential Cross Deep Inelastic Scattering Measured Cross Section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 13.I. Abt et al. [H1 Collaboration], Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 386, 310 (1997); I. Abt et al. [H1 Collaboration], Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 386, 348 (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.B. Andrieu et al. [H1 Calorimeter Group], Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 336, 460 (1993)Google Scholar
- 15.R.D. Appuhn et al. [H1 SpaCal Group], Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 386, 397 (1997)Google Scholar
- 16.J.E. Huth et al. , Towards a standardization of jet definition. Fermilab-Conf-90/249-E (1990)Google Scholar
- 17.T. Sjöstrand, Comp. Phys. Commun. 82 74 (1994)Google Scholar
- 19.P. Bruni, G. Ingelman, in: Proceedings of the Europhysics Conference, Marseille, France, July 1993, p. 595; (see also http://www3.tsl.uu.se/thep/pompyt)Google Scholar
- 25.G.A. Schuler, H. Spiesberger, in: W. Buchmüller, G. Ingelman (eds.) Proceedings of the Workshop Physics at HERA, Vol. 3 p. 1419 (1991)Google Scholar
- 27.G. Schuler, T. Sjöstrand, Z. Phys. C 68, 607 (1995) [hep-ph/9503384]; G. Schuler, T. Sjöstrand, Phys. Lett. B 376, 193 (1996) [hep-ph/9601282]Google Scholar
- 34.U. D’Alesio, H.J. Pirner, Eur. Phys. J. A 7, 109 (2000) [hep-ph/9806321]; N.N. Nikolaev, J. Speth, B.G. Zakharov, Preprint KFA-IKP(TH)-1997-17 [hep-ph/9708920]Google Scholar