On the boundary conditions as Dirac constraints
- 39 Downloads
In this paper, the canonical quantization of singular Lagrangian defined in a finite volume is discussed by studying a 1 + 1 dimensional free Schrödinger field. We take the boundary conditions (BCs) as Dirac constraints, and show that those BCs as well as the intrinsic constraints (which are introduced by the singularities of Lagrangian) form the second class constraints. The quantization is performed canonically.
KeywordsBoundary Condition Field Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Finite Volume
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.M. Sheikh-Jabbari, A. Shirzad, Eur. Phys. J. C 19, 383 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.F. Ardalan, H. Arfaei, M.M. Sheikh-Jabbari, Nucl. Phys. B 576, 578 (2000), hep-th/9906161Google Scholar
- 3.C.S. Chu, P.M. Ho, Nucl. Phys. B 550 (1999), hep-th/9812219Google Scholar
- 4.C.S. Chu, P.M. Ho, Nucl. Phys. B 568, 447 (2000), hep-th/9906192Google Scholar
- 5.P.A.M. Dirac, Lecture Notes on Quantum Mechanics, Yeshiva University, New York, 1964Google Scholar
- 6.L.D. Faddeev, R. Jackiw, Phys. Rev. Lett. 60, 1691 (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.D.M. Gitman, I.V. Tyutin, Quantization of Fields with Constraints, Springer-Verlag, 1990Google Scholar