On the classical dynamics of charges in non-commutative QED
- 36 Downloads
Following Wong’s approach to formulating the classical dynamics of charged particles in non-Abelian gauge theories, we derive the classical equations of motion of a charged particle in U(1) gauge theory on non-commutative space, the so-called non-commutative QED. In the present use of the procedure, it is observed that the definition of the mechanical momenta should be modified. The derived equations of motion manifest the previous statement about the dipole behavior of the charges in non-commutative space.
KeywordsGauge Theory Charged Particle Classical Equation Previous Statement Classical Dynamic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Connes, Non-commutative geometry (Academic Press 1994)Google Scholar
- 5.N. Seiberg, E. Witten, JHEP 9909, 032 (1999), hep-th/9908142Google Scholar
- 6.A. Connes, M.R. Douglas, A. Schwarz, JHEP 9802, 003 (1998), hep-th/9711162; M.R. Douglas, C. Hull, JHEP 9802, 008 (1998), hep-th/9711165Google Scholar
- 9.S.K. Wong, Nuovo Cim. A 65, 689 (1970)Google Scholar
- 10.M. Carmeli, K. Huleihil, E. Leibowitz, Gauge fields: classification and equations of motion (World Scientific 1989), Chap. 7Google Scholar
- 13.I.F. Riad, M.M. Sheikh-Jabbari, JHEP 0008, 045 (2000), hep-th/0008132Google Scholar