Quasi-Dirac neutrinos and solar neutrino data
- 97 Downloads
We will present an analysis of the solar neutrino data in the context of a 3+1 quasi-Dirac neutrino model in which the lepton mixing matrix is given at tree level by the tribimaximal matrix. When radiative corrections are taken into account, new effects in neutrino oscillations, as ν e →ν s , could appear. This oscillation is constrained by the solar neutrino data. In our analysis, we have found an allowed region for our two free parameters ϵ and m 1. The radiative correction, ϵ, can vary approximately from 5×10−9 to 10−6 and the calculated fourth mass eigenstate, m 4, varies in the interval 0.01–0.2 eV, at 2σ level. These results are in agreement with the ones presented in the literature in 2+1 and 2+2 quasi-Dirac models.
KeywordsRadiative Correction Neutrino Oscillation Sterile Neutrino Solar Neutrino Mass Eigenstates
FR-T would like to thank CNPq for the financial support, ACBM would like to thank CAPES for the financial support and VP would like to thank CNPq and FAPESP for partial financial support. One of us (FR-T) would like to thank the important discussions and suggestions made by A.M. Gago, O.L.G. Peres, M.M. Guzzo and P.C. de Holanda during the elaboration of this manuscript.
- 17.K.N. Abazajian et al., arXiv:1204.5379
- 18.B. Kayser, arXiv:1207.2167 and references therein
- 20.A.A. Aguilar-Arevalo et al. (MiniBooNE Collaboration), arXiv:1207.4809 [hep-ex]
- 34.W.C. Haxton, R.G. Hamish Robertson, A.M. Serenelli, arXiv:1208.5723 [astro-ph.SR]
- 45.S.P. Mikheev, A.Y. Smirnov, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 42, 913 (1985). [Yad. Fiz. 42, 1441 (1985)] Google Scholar