Instanton wave and M-wave in multiple M5-branes system
- 68 Downloads
We consider the non-abelian self-dual two-form theory (Chu and Ko, J. High Energy Phys. 1205:028, 2012) and find new exact solutions. Our solutions are supported by Yang–Mills (anti)instantons in four dimensions and describe a wave moving in null directions. We argue and provide evidence that these instanton wave solutions correspond to an M-wave (MW) on the worldvolume of multiple M5-branes. When dimensionally reduced on a circle, the MW/M5 system is reduced to the D0/D4 system with the D0-branes represented by the Yang–Mills instanton of the D4-branes Yang–Mills gauge theory. We show that this picture is precisely reproduced by the dimensional reduction of our instanton wave solutions.
KeywordsGauge Field Noncommutative Geometry Mill Equation Supersymmetric Completion Supersymmetry Transformation Rule
It is our pleasure to thank Kazuyuki Furuuchi, Sheng-Lan Ko, Christian Saemann, Richard Szabo, Pichet Vanichchapongjaroen and Martin Wolf for discussions. CSC is supported in part by the STFC Consolidated Grant ST/J000426/1 and by the grant 101-2112-M-007-021-MY3 of the National Science Council, Taiwan.
- 12.C.-S. Chu, A theory of non-Abelian tensor gauge field with non-Abelian gauge symmetry G×G. 1108.5131 [hep-th]
- 17.I. Bandos, H. Samtleben, D. Sorokin, Duality-symmetric actions for non-Abelian tensor fields. 1305.1304 [hep-th]
- 19.A. Gustavsson, Algebraic structures on parallel M2-branes. 0709.1260 [hep-th]
- 23.C.-S. Chu, P. Vanichchapongjaroen, Non-Abelian self-dual string and M2-M5 branes intersection in supergravity. 1304.4322 [hep-th]
- 37.C.S. Chu, Noncommutative open string: neutral and charged. hep-th/0001144
- 49.C. Saemann, M. Wolf, Non-Abelian tensor multiplet equations from twistor space. 1205.3108 [hep-th]
- 51.C. Saemann, M. Wolf, Six-dimensional superconformal field theories from principal 3-bundles over twistor space. 1305.4870 [hep-th]