Lense–Thirring precession in Plebański–Demiański Spacetimes
- 106 Downloads
An exact expression of Lense–Thirring precession rate is derived for non-extremal and extremal Plebański–Demiański spacetimes. This formula is used to find the exact Lense–Thirring precession rate in various axisymmetric spacetimes i.e., Kerr–Newman, Kerr–de Sitter etc. We also show that if the Kerr parameter vanishes in the Plebański–Demiański spacetime, the Lense–Thirring precession does not vanish due to the existence of NUT charge. To derive the Lense–Thirring precession rate in the extremal Plebański–Demiański spacetime, we first derive the general extremal condition for Plebański–Demiański spacetimes. This general result could be applied to obtain the extremal limit in any stationary and axisymmetric spacetimes.
KeywordsBlack Hole Precession Frequency Outer Horizon Precession Rate Newman Black Hole
We would like to thank Prof. Parthasarathi Majumdar for his encouragement and guidance, besides the long blackboard discussions on this topic. One of us (CC) is grateful to the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE, Govt. of India) for the financial assistance.
- 2.J. Plebański, M. Demiański, Ann. Phys. (N. Y.) 98 (1976) Google Scholar
- 5.N. Straumann, General Relativity with applications to Astrophysics (Springer, Berlin, 2009) Google Scholar
- 6.C. Chakraborty, P. Majumdar. arXiv:1304.6936 [gr-qc]
- 9.S. Bhattacharya, in Lecture at Conference on Advances in Astroparticle Physics and Cosmology, March 2012, Darjeeling (2012) Google Scholar
- 18.E. Newman, L. Tamburino, T. Unti, J. Math. Phys. 4, 7 (1963) Google Scholar