Five-dimensional heterotic black holes and its dual IR-CFT
- 102 Downloads
We analyze the possible dynamical emergence of IR conformal field theory describing the low-energy excitations of near-extremal black holes in five-dimensional compactification of heterotic strings. We find that, by tuning the mass and charges in such a way that the extremal black holes have a classically vanishing horizon area, the near horizon develops an AdS3 throat and when we combine the low-energy limit with vanishing Newton coupling constant, the system has a dual conformal field theory description. We compare our results with c-extremization and the Kerr/CFT predictions.
KeywordsBlack Hole Black Hole Solution Gauge Field Extremal Black Hole Heterotic String Theory
I would like to thank Sameer Murthy and Shahin Sheikh-Jabbari for useful comments and discussion. This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea Grant funded by the Korean Government (NRF-2011-0023230).
- 3.G. Compere, The Kerr/CFT correspondence and its extensions: a comprehensive review. arXiv:1203.3561 [hep-th]
- 7.A. Sen, State operator correspondence and entanglement in AdS2/CFT1. arXiv:1101.4254 [hep-th]
- 16.O. Coussaert, M. Henneaux, Selfdual solutions of (2+1) Einstein gravity with a negative cosmological constant. hep-th/9407181
- 17.P.D. Prester, Alpha’-corrections and heterotic black holes. arXiv:1001.1452 [hep-th]
- 29.H. Yavartanoo, EVH black hole solutions with higher derivative corrections. Eur. Phys. J. C 72, 3 (2012) Google Scholar
- 33.M. Johnstone, M.M. Sheikh-Jabbari, J. Simón, H. Yavartanoo, Charged-rotating AdS5 EVH black holes and their dual 2d IR CFTs. Work in progress Google Scholar