Linear vs. non-linear QCD evolution: from HERA data to LHC phenomenology
- 130 Downloads
The very precise combined HERA data provides a testing ground in which the relevance of novel QCD regimes, other than the successful linear DGLAP evolution, in small-x inclusive DIS data can be ascertained. We present a study of the dependence of the AAMQS fits, based on the running coupling BK non-linear evolution equations (rcBK), on the fitted dataset. This allows for the identification of the kinematical region where rcBK accurately describes the data, and thus for the determination of its applicability boundary. We compare the rcBK results with NNLO DGLAP fits, obtained with the NNPDF methodology with analogous kinematical cuts. Further, we explore the impact on LHC phenomenology of applying stringent kinematical cuts to the low-x HERA data in a DGLAP fit.
KeywordsInitial Scale HERA Data DGLAP Evolution Reduced Cross Section DGLAP Equation
The research of J.L.A. is supported by a fellowship from the Théorie LHC France initiative funded by the IN2P3. J.R. is grateful to S. Forte for discussions. The research of J.R. has been supported by a Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship of the European Community’s 7th Framework Programme under contract number PIEF-GA-2010-272515. J.G.M. acknowledge the support of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (Portugal) under project CERN/FP/116379/2010. The work of P.Q.A. is funded by the French ANR under contract ANR-09-BLAN-0060.
- 2.V.N. Gribov, L.N. Lipatov, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 15, 438 (1972) Google Scholar
- 5.I. Balitsky, L. Lipatov, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 28, 822 (1978) Google Scholar
- 40.H1 and ZEUS Collaborations, H1prelim–10-044, ZEUS-prel-10-008 (2010) Google Scholar
- 41.H1 and ZEUS Collaborations, H1prelim–11-042, ZEUS-prel-11-00 (2011) Google Scholar
- 42.M. Klein et al., in EPAC’08, 11th European Particle Accelerator Conference, (2008) Google Scholar
- 43.A. Deshpande, R. Milner, R. Venugopalan (Eds.), The electron ion collider: a white paper. BNL Report BNL-68933-02/07-REV Google Scholar
- 44.A. Accardi, V. Guzey, J. Rojo, arXiv:1106.3839 (2011)
- 45.J. Rojo, F. Caola, arXiv:0906.2079 (2009)